The day lilies have continued to produce some beauties.
These orange day lilies are like the group we see along the highways.
The deer have made a bed in the middle of a large patch of day lilies where I can
see their body shape indentation. Unfortunately I am asleep at that time
of night so I cannot roust them.
These yellow day lilies were two years old when we purchased our house in 1976.
There are five stands of them and they are going strong at age 48. You can see they have that old school look.
The Day Lily
The magnificent perianths
Of the Day Lilies with their six
Spreading bright orange arms (funnel-formed)
Fixed in their clustered colonies
Absent of any luring scent
Still attracts the bees
And the poets aesthetic eyes.
Oblique, penetrating sunrays
Shine through the high canopied trees
Directly onto their blossoms
Seemingly glowing like embers
In a campers dying campfire;
And not unlike the fire, remain
Briefly beautiful and then die.

No comments:
Post a Comment