Friday, August 5, 2022

Hiking on the Top of the World I 8-5-22



Ken and his wife Jackie took me to the top of the world. We started early at Rocky Mountain National Parks Alpine Center at 11,796'.  Jackie dropped Ken and me off and then drove down the other side to Milner Pass which is the Continental Divide.


As Ken and I headed downhill on the trail Jackie was to climb up and meet us from below. Jackie is training for climbing the Grand Teton in Wyoming in several weeks but took the day off to hike with us. Trail Ridge Road is to  the left and our trail. This is all on the tundra.

As we descended I noticed a marmot to our right. There were two at our feet and they were amazingly tame.


The trail is in great shape. We are descending to timberline.


Several miles down the trail were several tarns - heaven on earth.



No comments: