Here are the twins and their unborn sib. Mom and dad are becoming much more vocal about our presence
so we are granting them their privacy.
That was just the beginning. Our son is visiting and about 4:30 we were sitting at the kitchen table with Jan. Gordon and I were eating Amighetti's specials before heading out to the Blues game. At 5:30 there was a violent shattering and the house seemed to shudder for several seconds. They thought it was a nearby explosion but I said no that it I thought it was an earthquake. And it was….
We almost never have earthquakes so it was a surprise. I reminded Gordon that it was the first earthquake we three had been in since Anchorage in 1969. This one's epicenter was in nearby Castlewood. No one was hurt but the local stories are being created even now.
After the 'quake' Gordon and I went to the Blues regular season finale at the Enterprise Center. It was my first such outing in more than two years. It is an ear shattering chaos of action (next time I will bring ear plugs). Gordon's friend Becky
got us great lower section seats located (for me) with close access to a little boy's room for my multiple obligatory visits. Only octogenarians will understand. The game is entirely different in person. It is faster than belief and super exciting. I have been a hockey fan since growing up in Chicago and following the Blackhawks. The Blues were roundly beaten (7-4) by the Las Vegas Golden Knights. The playoffs start in a few days.
To round out the day the Cardinals lost to Arizona (6-2) at the same time.
Life is full of ups and downs.

No comments:
Post a Comment