Friday, April 1, 2022

Don's Blog Falls 4-1-22

Here is a poem from Gary Snyder's book - Mountains and Rivers Without End. I found Gary several years ago
when I was researching something and felling love with the name of the book. Recently I found a CD in the front of the book with Gary reciting the poems. Who knew it was there? I think someone snuck it in during the pandemic.

Falls

Over stone lip
the creek leaps out as one
divides in spray and streamers,
let's it all go.

above, back there, the snowfields
rocked between granite ribs
turn spongy in the summer sun
water slips out under
mucky shallow flows
enmeshed with roots of flowers and moss and heather
seeps through swampy meadows
gathers to shimmer sandy shiny flats
then sorts off ledges—

Crash and thunder at the boulders at the base
painless,playing,
droplets regather
seek the lowest,
and keep going down
in gravelly beds.

There is no use, the water cycle tumbles round—
….

Gary Snyder,1996

No comments: