Monday, September 28, 2026

Flower for the Day Cosmos 9-28-26

There was a tall plant in the front yard that I didn’t recognize. It is a cosmos bush/tree. I have never seen one so tall.  I was going to cut it down but then I saw the buds and on it. One has bloomed. Strange what rain will do.  The pants are always teaching me what iI don’t know. The Mystery of Incarnation Its when we face for a moment the worst our kind can do, and shudder to know the taint in our own selves, that awe cracks the mind’s shell and enters the heart: not to a flower, not to a dolphin, to no innocent form but to this creature vainly sure it and no other is god-like, God (out of compassion for our ugly failure to evolve) entrusts as guest , as brother, the Word. Denise Levertov

No comments: