I have not sent out my flower images and poems as I had a recent fall requiring stitches and am mending well.
Time marches on and I will start sending some occasional notes. During my recuperation I have loved watching the blue swallowtails on the zinnias.
IMG_4396.jpeg

I am not one to give advice but if you can I recommend what this poet suggests as a way of life, a way of being.

   I Lost My Way

Once, lived on the tarred, lonely highways truth —
slugging towards the looming horizons —
the promised dwelling places for those who do not waver.

The whole world was about being either right or wrong.
I was either lost or found.
This was many years ago though.

Today when I meet people,
I recognize how utterly beyond right and wrong they are —
how their lives are symphonies beyond orchestration,
how their mistakes and failings are actually cosmic explorations
on a scale grander and of a texture softer
than our most dedicated rule-books could possibly account for.

You see something on my way — and i lost my coordinates,
my map, my directives.
Now the whole journey is the destination —
and each point, each barren point,
just as noble as the final dot.

Every splotch of ink is become to me a fresco of wisdom,
a beehive of honey, a lovely place —
and every aching voice a heavenly choir.
The world is no longer desolate and empty and exclusive,
she is now a wispy spirit, whose fingers flirt through the wind —
a million roads where only one once lay.
And I need be certain about the road traveled —
Since I arrived the selfsame moment I arrived.

Bayo Akomolafe