> > Here are some flowers that are surviving if not flourishing in our ongoing heat. The frequent rain is helping. > > Here’s a surprise oriental lily. Another final lily. >  > > Multiple black-eyed susan >  > > Coreopsis >  > > Cleome >  > > Cone flower >  > > and abundant elegant zinnias in many colors. >  > > We are blessed. > > And here is a classic poem which asks what is beyond the bounds of what you can see. > > The Infinite > > This solitary hill has always been dear to me > And this hedge, which prevents me from seeing most of > The endless horizon. > But when I sit and gaze, I imagine, in my thoughts > Endless spaces beyond the hedge, > An all encompassing silence and a deeply profound quiet, > To the point that my heart is almost overwhelmed. > And when I hear the wind rustling through the trees > I compare its voice to the infinite silence. > And eternity occurs to me, and all the ages past, > And the present time, and its sound. > Amidst this immensity my thought drowns: > And to flounder in this sea is sweet to me. > > Giacomo Leopardi > > >
Monday, July 13, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment