Sunday, July 19, 2026

Flower for the Day Garden in a Heat Alert 7-19-26

> > We are in the second day of a 4 day heat alert. Temps in the 90’s and feels like in the low hundreds. > I have been able to water some and until the last few days it has rained a little each day. Here is how > some of the grow'ies are doing. > > The verbena (Verbena officianalis) is thriving. It is in multiple places. >

Uploaded Image

> > > > The beebalm (Monad fistula) is just beginning by the meadow. >

Uploaded Image

> > > The heat has been hard on the Concord grapes and they are sour. >

Uploaded Image

> > > And you may remember the Cuckoo Pint (Arum maculatum). It is now > maturing into a colorful fruit. >

Uploaded Image

> > > Even so I do not expect us to beat the heat. We shall see. > > Here is how I will feel if they go. >

> > Yes that is Miley singing one of my Bob Dylan favorites.

No comments: