Monday, June 1, 2026

Flower for the Day Eastern Bluestar 6-1-26

Eastern bluestar (Amsonia tabernaemontana) is a flowering plant in the dogbane family (Apocynaceae) first described as a genus in 1788. A native to North america it was named after two physicians - Charles Amson and Jacob Theodor von Bergzabern. Take that to bed with you.  The plant produces clump-forming perennial upright stems and narrow, willow-like leaves. It produces clusters of star-shaped, pale blue flowers in spring and develops elongated paired follicles that contain cylindrical seeds.  Once a Blue Star As Hot As It Was When I look at the dandelion king of the sky, It isn't the same blue rose we knew it was once Like the rhythm of your heart Beating, pulsating, running to a face I don't know. It has only been seconds since a part of me died, Yet it feels like a century of seasons changing. Flowers bloom, Leaves set fire upon themselves, And through the passion of the flames, The leaves come out, fall out, anew With colors different Before the coldness of the world finally kills them. And yes, it has been a century Just looking at all these people wrap their arms around 'true love'. I do not drown in my own tears. I swallow them, then cry again. The pain has even surpassed death Since they all make me feel so alive, The wounds you left me When I saw your eyes dilating, Yearning For someone else. Danielle Mari Nidea

No comments: