Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Flower for the Day Oriental Lady's Thumb 10-27-21

If you have walked in a field lately you will have seen this small flower called Oriental Lady's Thumb (Persicaria longiseta) which is in the knotweed family. It has a myriad number of names: bristly lady's thumb, Asiatic smartweed, long-bristled smartweed, low smartweed, Asiatic waterpepper, bristled knotweed, bunchy knotweed, and tufted knotweed. Their growth is relentless so they are probably better in a field than in your yard. Someone's weed is always someone else's wildflower.




Do you need Me?
I am there.

You cannot see Me, yet I am the light you see by.
You cannot hear Me, yet I speak through your voice.
You cannot feel Me, yet I am the power at work in your hands. ...

I am not strange visions. I am not mysteries.

Only in absolute stillness, beyond self, can you know Me
as I am, and then but as a feeling and a faith.

Yet I am there. Yet I hear. Yet I answer.
When you need Me, I am there.
Even if you deny Me, I am there.
Even when you feel most alone, I am there.
Even in your fears, I am there.
Even in your pain, I am there. ...

I am in you, and you are in Me.
Yet I am there. Yet I hear. Yet I answer.
When you need Me, I am there.
Even if you deny Me, I am there.
Even when you feel most alone, I am there.
Even in your fears, I am there.
Even in your pain, I am there.
Empty your heart of empty fears.
When you get yourself out of the way, I am there.
You can of yourself do nothing, but I can do all.
And I am in all.

Though you may not see the good, good is there, for
I am there. I am there because I have to be, because I am.

Only in Me does the world have meaning;
only out of Me does the world take form;
only because of Me does the world go forward.
I am the law on which the movement of the stars
and the growth of living cells are founded. ...

Though you fail to find Me, I do not fail you.
Though your faith in Me is unsure,
My faith in you never wavers,
because I know you, because I love you.

Beloved, I AM there.


i am there - james dillet freeman - 1947

No comments: