Its a cloudy day here in the Heartland. We have several positive Covid 19 cases in our county so people we know are hunkered down. We are for sure. We are not enamored of Italy's ventilator triage where they only treat people under seventy. My mother's favorite saying was, "This too shall pass."
Last week we had one daffodil in the front yard. Now there are many. Here is the first.Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,Black as the pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may beFor my unconquerable soul.In the fell clutch of circumstanceI have not winced nor cried aloud.Under the bludgeonings of chanceMy head is bloody, but unbowed.Beyond this place of wrath and tearsLooms but the Horror of the shade,And yet the menace of the yearsFinds and shall find me unafraid.It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate,I am the captain of my soul.So there!
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Flower for the Day Daffodil 3-18-2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment