Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Flower for the Day Hosta 6-25-19



We have had hosta around our house for over forty years. This season has been special because they have bloomed. That may sound weird but they have not bloomed for many years because no matter what steps I took my deer population has eaten them like salad. They eat the buds and the tasty leaves. This year I think the massive rains have made the blooms possible. Or it could be Deer Off spray or maybe even Uncle Ians Deep Repellant (dried coyote urine and blood meal). For whatever reason they have been left alone and are thriving.
Here are some oldies called Big Daddy Hosta. I had forgotten how nice the blooms were.




A Little Person's Garden View    As a wee person, my imagination runs free,  I peek through the window, many pixies I see,  Spreading dust, like the dew from the trees,  While fairies fly high and the flowers party!  The gnomes are standing so tall and still,  Between the Hostas, Iris, and the Daffodils,  With bright sunshine beaming, from hill to hill,   I would like to be outside, twirling like a windmill!     Written: 6/27/16 ©  Submitted for Contest: Little People  Sponsored By: Shadow Hamilton 
Copyright ©  | Year Posted 2016                 

No comments: