Happy New Year. I look forward to each new year with great enthusiasm. There is nothing I do to create this energy.
It is a way of being that I inherited from my mother for which I am more than grateful.
For the last several years or more during the winter when nature is resting I have been sharing articles that I wrote
as Editor of Missouri Medicine. My editorials were not about reacting to the intrusion of the government and other third parties between doctors and their patients and the resultant chaos. The articles addressed what it was to be a physician in these times including the joy of caring for patients but also how it is to BE a physician at the human level where life is authentically lived. Here is my editorial from June of 1991, the 58th such article I have shared.
Not much has changed in the ensuing 35 years except that being retired allows me to be on the trail every day
as I answer the 'ancient' call.

No comments:
Post a Comment