Wednesday, April 16, 2025

Don's Blog The Wonders of the Heartland II 4-16-25



On my meanderings to the clearwater stream in Warren County the other day
I noticed an interesting phenomenon. I was looking for early wildflowers but initially did not see any.
The trail was at the edge of meadow and woodland. I bent over and wildflowers previously unseen appeared in abundance. From few to many, were these magical miniatures. When a new one was seen it was surrounded by many.
Here are some that seemingly came from nowhere until I looked closely.

Wild blue phlox (Phlox divarica)


Spring beauty (Claytonia divarica) 



Common blue violet (Viola sororia) -the meadow was filled with violets.



Ground ivy or Creeping charlie (Glechoma hederaceae)


Southern chervil (Chaerophyllum tainturei)


One of my blog participants (Doug) turns yesterdays blog descriptions into 
almost a poem.

Spring Stream

Clear water, the staff of life. 

See the magenta ghost before your eyes.

Hear the murmur of the flow that

Accompanies your solitude.

Sense the unity 

that cancels thought

and the need for doing.

There is no you here.

Being is more than enough.

Don and Doug


No comments: