Friday, August 18, 2023

Blessed Sixty-two 8-18-23

Sixty-two years ago today I married the love of my life - Jan Elizabeth Feldwisch.


We had met one year previously on a blind date. We were set up by Martha Ause the wife of a med school friend. 
I was a sophomore at Washington University Medical School and she was a recent graduate of Washington University's
School of Fine Arts. I picked her up at her apartment in Audubon Park (called Birdland). As we met for the first time she
gave me bubble gum. We went with another couple to a dive on Vandaventer Avenue called Horlachers. To set the stage for decades of adventure a guy at the next table who was dead drunk fell off his seat onto the floor. From then on Jan knew what to expect.

Here is our family some years later.




Here is the bride at our 25th wedding anniversary party.

 

Today we two octogenarians still live in our house in Kirkwood. We are proving that the human body was not built to last forever. Our kids are all paired up and we have three wonderful grandchildren.

I am forever blessed by meeting this 'girl' from Webster Groves.

No comments: