[It is read best on the computer screen because of the print size.]This winter, when it is harder to be outside, I go through files from the past. One of the files has editorials that I wrote long ago. Initially I was Editor of St. Louis Metropolitan Medicine and then for some time I was Editor of Missouri Medicine. These journals were read by members and other health professionals as well as the public. The editors of these journals routinely address how terribly doctors are treated by insurance companies and the government.When I became editor I promised to write about human issues confronting practicing physicians especially in their personal lives. These editorials were meant to be timeless. I'll start sharing a few. Here is an editorial from St.Louis Metropolitan Medicine (June 27,1984). As always, I appreciate your comments.
an automatic (perhaps even neural) reaction. Its worse than that - its not just having a position but rather that the position Has me - I AM
the position. It is about being right and making others wrong. It is about dominating and avoiding domination. This is what we humans do in life- all day everyday. An insight into this process creates the possibility of getting off our position and moving on.
What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment