Cicadas and The Day After
Yesterday was May 21, Saturday, predicted
To be the end of the world by a previous civil
Engineer, now a multi millionaire TV evangelist.
He predicted this about ten years ago
But when he kept waking up every morning
He had to do some refiguring of his data.
I think it was supposed to be doomsday
For a select 200.000 who would be taken,
The rest of us left to cut our lawns, have
Our flat tires repaired and watch NASCAR,
I was confidant but relieved to see
All my friends, spouse, son and even
The church do gooders are still here.
Walking around my yard today awaiting
My first daylilies, I see evidence of those
Who were taken. For the previous nights they
Had been sining like the end was near.
The irrefutable evidence of their rising
Was their armored clothes they left behind
On my plants. I see a few poor souls still
Limping around, quiet, perhaps relieved.
When another Coming comes I think the way
To avoid it is not to sing so loudly
And to keep your clothes on.
Copyright Stan Thawley All rights reserved.
May 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment