Sunday, January 15, 2017

Bob Torrison Retrospective V The Music 1

Welcome to my Bob Torrison Retrospective 2017. Bob was my best friend in high school  who passed away prematurely and I have been sharing my memories of his contributions to my life with his daughters and family. 
Bob and I shared a love of music together as we grew up in high school and after. Bob like me was a pack rat who saved almost everything. I wonder about his record collection. Mine has thinned out but his influence on my love of music is felt even today. We started out with mutual affection for Benny Goodman. I had a 78 album recording of the complete 1938 Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall Swing Concert. We were in love with Sing Sing Sing. Here is the classic. Press and  enjoy.

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/dbzXS49937A?list=RDdbzXS49937A"

No comments: