Monday, August 25, 2014

Trip to The Loch 8-23-14

  I got up early and was at the Glacier Gorge Trailhead by 7:09. There were two runners who took off up the trail ahead of me. It was a day that the clouds stayed very low so it was like hiking through a fine mist all the way up. Before the trail junction to Mill Lake (left) and The Loch (right) there was a rainbow (at 8:00 in the morning). The pot of gold was at Mills Lake but I was headed to The Loch. Oh well. The Loch was beautiful as usual but the clouds never lifted so I could not see The Cathedral Spires. As I reached the Mills Lake /Loch junction coming down the runners jogged by
mecoming down from  Sky Pond and headed back up to Mills Lake and Black Lake. I bet they missed the rainbow.


The Trail
The Rainbow
The Loch

No comments: